Why do we collect personal information?
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that WSOP Academy does not control or to the people that WSOP Academy does not employ or manage.
What kind of personal information do we collect?
WSOP Academy collects personal information for all of the following, but not limited to: when you register or create an account with WSOP Academy; when you place an order at WSOP Academy; when you use WSOP Academy products or services; when you visit WSOP Academy pages or the pages of certain WSOP Academy partners; when you enter promotions or sweepstakes; when you subscribe to a newsletter or desire to be added to our mailing lists for other products or services; when you correspond with us; and when you provide feedback in any of our online surveys.
Information that you provide may include: your name, e-mail address, phone number, address, product preference information, billing information, demographic information provided by you (such as language, gender and age, and, if applicable, content preferences and personalization information) and personal interests information. On occasion, we may ask for additional information to enable us to provide you with access to and use of certain information, materials and services. In the case of newsletters or mailing lists, you will be able to “unsubscribe” to these mailings at any time.
WSOP Academy may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
WSOP Academy automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, WSOP Academy cookie information, and the page you request.
How do we protect your personal information?
WSOP Academy safeguards the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. To make purchases from WSOP Academy’s web site, you must use an SSL-enabled browser. WSOP Academy uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on web pages used to complete a purchase. This protects the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it is transmitted over the Internet.
When do we disclose personal information?
WSOP Academy uses your personal information in the following ways:
- Delivery and billing for our products and services, and to communicate with you concerning your account and customer service issues. This may include verifying authorization of credit card usage before any purchase of content or services.
- Improve our product and services by providing personalized content recommendations, language and location customization, and/or personalized help and instructions.
- Ask you to participate in surveys about products, services, news and events.
- Offer you product upgrades, content, services and other training courses for you to purchase.
- Provide you with content, services, instructions, and a more personalized experience based on personal information, such as your language preferences, zip/postal code, country locations, and any content or other preferences you provide.
- Provide you with news, free newsletters, updates, targeted advertising, promotions, and special offers.
- Better understand how our products are used, including Web traffic patterns and what types of content are most popular with users of our products and services.
- Provide anonymous reporting for internal and external partners.
- Facilitate your participation in our online forums and help manage improper behavior by individuals using the forums.
How & when we disclose your personal information
WSOP Academy may share your personal information with trusted partners who work with WSOP Academy under confidentiality. These partners may use your personal information to help WSOP Academy communicate with you about offers from us and from our marketing partners. WSOP Academy may send personal information about you to other companies or people when we need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested and when we need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of WSOP Academy to provide a product or service to you. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
WSOP Academy may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law; (b) comply with the order of a competent judicial authority in any jurisdiction; (c) comply with legal process served on WSOP Academy; (d) protect and defend the rights or property of WSOP Academy; or (e) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of WSOP Academy products or the public at large.
- WSOP ACADEMY does not use your personal information for purposes incompatible with those listed above.
- WSOP ACADEMY does not sell or rent your personal information to 3rd parties.
If WSOP Academy should ever file for bankruptcy, or become insolvent, or be acquired by a third party, or merge with a third party, or sell all or part of its assets, or transfer substantially all or part of its relevant assets to a third party, then WSOP Academy is entitled to share the personal information and all other information you have provided through the products and service to potential and subsequent business and merger partners.
WSOP Academy contains links to other Websites and products. WSOP Academy is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Websites or products. Please visit the privacy policies of these third party sites in order to understand their privacy policies and data collection practices.
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please e-mail us at the following address: support@WSOPAcademy.com